Thursday, May 1, 2014

About this Blog

I needed a place where I could organize my thoughts and navigate through all the information and knowledge that  I was gaining.  Thus the birth of this blog.
Here I will record my findings that  help me connect truths about meditation and energy that  I am learning to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints .  When I was younger I remember  hearing over and over that the Gospel of  Jesus Christ as had by the LDS church contains all truth.  I always understood this to mean we don't need to go looking for  truths outside the  Gospel . In a way this is true, but we have also been counseled   by the Lord to actively “seek learning, even by study and also by faith” (D&C 88:118). We seek learning not only because it is a commandment—we seek it because the desire to ask, to seek, and to find answers to life’s questions was planted in our hearts by our Heavenly Father. He wants us to continually seek eternal truth because this is central to how we come to know Him and become more like Him.
Truth is found everywhere: In science, in history, in other religions, and in ourselves among other places.  The great thing that I have come to learn is truth, regardless of its origin,  never  contradicts with  God's teachings. Truth is truth it matters not where you find it, for all truth is of God and will be ratified by  the  Holy Ghost who's divine calling is to testify of truth.
As we  seek  new truth and learn as we study and listen to the promptings of the Spirit we will as Mosiah  4:12 reads “grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created [us], or in the knowledge of that which is just and true”.  He  promises to come to us as we come to Him and teach us as we open our selves up to learning.  See   (D&C 88:63)

We seek for truth wherever we may find it. The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that “Mormonism is truth. … The first and fundamental principle of our holy religion is, that we believe that we have a right to embrace all, and every item of truth, without limitation or … being … prohibited by the creeds or superstitious notions of men.”(Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith (2007), 264)
Yes, we do have the fullness of the everlasting gospel, but that does not mean that we know everything. In fact, one principle of the restored gospel is our belief that God “will yet reveal many great and important things.”( Articles of Faith 1:9.)
We can gain this light and truth by meditating, studying the scriptures, praying, and taking care of our bodies and honoring the truth that has been revealed to us.  So join me as I write and vlog about what I learn and how it connects to the  gospel.
Sat Nam and many blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment